We Are More Than a Steeple, We Are Caring People Committed to Community & Partnerships
You will find members and friends of North Church serving the wider Seacoast community in a broad variety of settings and programs. Some of us like to actively participate in outdoor activities, such as beach cleanups or walking or running for a cause dear to our hearts. Some of us have skills that bring value to local governmental or charitable institutions and serve on boards or in an advisory capacity. Some of us support the arts and the preservation of our local history, by volunteering at any number of downtown theatres or museums or other cultural institutions. We honor and support these acts of civic engagement.
At the same time, the North Church of Portsmouth, UCC is actively engaged in a number of programs and organizations through donations, volunteer work, or simply by providing space in and around our buildings:
- Each month North Church serves two Soup Kitchen meals at the Salvation Army. Volunteers are always welcome. The church also participates in the Christmas Bell-Ringing fundraiser.
- North Church supports Gather (formally the Seacoast Family Food Pantry) with supplies of food and personal items as well as financial contributions and volunteer help as needed.
- North Church supports Seafarer’s Friend with clothing, monetary donations and other Seafarer’s programs.
- North Church participates each Spring with a meal and support at Common Cathedral in Boston.
- Each Christmas North Church members provide for gifts for local families, individuals in nursing homes, and other organizations.
- North Church children participate each year in Rogers Mission, a children to children mission established in 1817. Heifer International is often the recipient of the children’s efforts.
- North Church provides space for an AA meeting and OA meetings weekly. We also house Seacoast Pathways and is a satellite office for Pastoral Counseling Services of Manchester, LLC. We sponsor and host Red Cross Blood Drives.
Some links that you may find useful include:
City of Portsmouth
City of Portsmouth Senior Services
The Chamber Collaborative of Greater Portsmouth
The Chase Home
Pastoral Counseling Services of Manchester
We worship both in the sanctuary at Market Square as well as the chapel at our Parish House. Please check the calendar to confirm the location for the worship date you are looking for.
Donate to the North Church of Portsmouth, an open and affirming congregation of the United Church of Christ.