While new “special events” appear each year and are publicized as they develop, North Church has three well-established events.
• The Holly Shoppe Christmas Fair, particularly famous for its lobster roll lunch, takes place the first Saturday in December.
• Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper, the day before Ash Wednesday, is our Mardi Gras event, a night of food and fun for everyone.
• Music in Market Square approaches its 29th year. This concert series takes place in the Market Square Sanctuary Fridays at noon in July and August. Supported by free-will donations, everyone is invited to a wide variety of music throughout the season.
The 2012 Music in Market Square Schedule is as follows:
(For a printable flyer click here)
- July 6 Piscataqua River Brass
- July 13 Quintessential Winds, woodwind quartet
- July 20 Judy Ringer, soprano
- July 27 Peter Griggs, guitar
- August 3 The Stairwells, vocal jazz
- August 10 Artful Noise, string quartet
- August 17 Amanda Munton, mezzo soprano
- August 24 Portsmouth Symphony Brass & Friends
- August 31 Terrie Harman & Mark Thallendar, organ
Bring your lunch and be entertained by local artists.
No Charge for Admission (donations are gratefully accepted)